Vacature Library Assistant in Den Haag
Over European School of The Hague Secondary
European School of The Hague Secondary
The European School The Hague (ESH) Secondary
The European School The Hague (ESH) is an Accredited European School, partly financed by the Dutch government, and has been accredited by the Board of Governors of the European Schools since December 2012. ESH was primarily founded for children whose parents work at European institutions and agencies in The Hague and started with a Nursery and Primary School in 2012. The Secondary School opened years 1, 2 and 3 in September 2014. Further year groups will open annually, culminating in our first European Baccalaureate to be awarded in the summer of 2019. Our ethos and educational philosophy is to create and nurture multicultural, multilingual, responsible, tolerant and aware European citizens.
Currently the entire school has 1100 students and 240 staff members, and is divided into Nursery/Primary and Secondary sections with a Deputy Director for each. The Director and the Deputy Directors, supported by the Facility Manager, comprise the Management Team of the School.
Uw sollicitatie kunt u richten aan dhr. F. van de Kerkhof, directeur Europese School Den Haag.
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
We are an accredited European School located in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Our secondary school is urgently seeking for a library assistant, to be involved
with the growth and development of our school. The library assistant will be
working closely with the librarian.
Library assistant Secondary school
(0,2 FTE / 8 hours)
- Data management using library software
- Supervise students visiting the library
- Work alongside the study hall officer to provide study facilities for students
- Play an active part in further developing the library
- Fluent in English (other European languages are an advantage)
- Willingness to train volunteers
- Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
- Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills
- Active contribution to school development in general
- Excellent social and communicative skills
- Experience in the education sector is a bonus, as well as experience as a library assistant
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one, based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO VO OOP), salary scale 4. The specific step in this scale is depending on relevant background and work experience.
- Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to send in their application letter, CV and a completed
application form. Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the
European School The Hague via email@example.com. Indicate S2018-02 Library Assistant in the subject. Deadline for
applications: January 27th, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, commencing week 5. The interview will either be inperson
or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel
expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Detailed information about our recruitment procedure can be found on the
vacancies page on our website.
ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the information before applying. Information about the European School The Hague
can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.