Vacature Librarian in Den Haag
Over European School of The Hague Secondary
European School of The Hague Secondary
The European School The Hague (ESH) Secondary
The European School The Hague (ESH) is an Accredited European School, partly financed by the Dutch government, and has been accredited by the Board of Governors of the European Schools since December 2012. ESH was primarily founded for children whose parents work at European institutions and agencies in The Hague and started with a Nursery and Primary School in 2012. The Secondary School opened years 1, 2 and 3 in September 2014. Further year groups will open annually, culminating in our first European Baccalaureate to be awarded in the summer of 2019. Our ethos and educational philosophy is to create and nurture multicultural, multilingual, responsible, tolerant and aware European citizens.
Currently the entire school has 1100 students and 240 staff members, and is divided into Nursery/Primary and Secondary sections with a Deputy Director for each. The Director and the Deputy Directors, supported by the Facility Manager, comprise the Management Team of the School.
Uw sollicitatie kunt u richten aan dhr. F. van de Kerkhof, directeur Europese School Den Haag.
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
We are an accredited European School located in The Hague, the Netherlands. Our secondary school is urgently seeking for a librarian, to be involved with the growth and development of our school. Together with the study hall officer and other stakeholders,
the librarian will be expected to create a clear profile and vision for the future of the library. This involves identifying demand for what the library can offer students and staff, and planning how these demands can be met.
Librarian Secondary school
(1,0 FTE / 40 hours)
- Responsible for annual library budget in alliance with Subject area leaders
- Implementation and management of online resources
- Data management using library software
- Share information, reading skills and knowledge to ensure the work of the Library runs smoothly alongside the other activities of the school
- Create and expand the library collection
- Supervise students visiting the library
- Work alongside the study hall officer to provide study facilities for students
- Play an active part in further developing the library
- Library qualification (Library and Information Science, LIS)
- Fluent in English (other European languages are an advantage)
- Excellent IT skills and organizational skills
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Experience in working with different stakeholders
- Experience in the education sector is a bonus
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one, based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO VO OOP), salary scale 7. The specific step in this scale is depending on relevant background and work experience.
- An attractive relocation package with HR assistance to help with your relocation to The Hague
- Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to send in their application letter, CV and a completed
job application form. Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague via firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate S2018-01 Librarian in the subject. Deadline
for applications: January 27th, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview, commencing week 5. The interview will either be in-person or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Detailed information about our recruitment procedure can be found on the
vacancies page on our website. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the information before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.