Vacature Learning Support Specialist in Den Haag
Over International School of The Hague Secondary
International School of The Hague Secondary
The International School of The Hague (ISH) - Seconday
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.
Learning Support Specialist
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 2000 students and hosts over 95 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals and Vice-Principals, supported by the Business
manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
Currently we have a vacancy at Secondary School:
Learning Support Specialist (Secondary) 1.0 FTE
Start date: 1 December 2018
Beschikbaar voor zij-instromers?
The Learning Support Specialist calls for an individual who is able and prepared to provide support to students. This individual will report to the Learning Support Coordinator.
The Learning Support Specialist, through the guidance and direction of the department coordinator will:
- work with students, both directly and indirectly in small group setting, whole group, and/or within the regular classroom as needed.
- develop the Student Support Plans (SSP’s) for individualized learning needs, implement the SSP, and use diagnostic information obtained from tests and other assessment procedures to update SSPs as needed.
- Provide written and oral consultation to school staff, school based teams and parents on individual behavior and learning strategies and recommendations.
- Employ evidenced based best practices and instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting school wide student support objectives.
- Attend staff meetings, serves on staff committees, and carry out non-instructional duties as required or assigned.
- Consult with teachers and conduct student focused classroom observations to assist in the implementation of classroom differentiation and accommodations which support students in accessing the curriculum and assessments.
- Use assessment data to develop and refine explicit literacy and numeracy skill development goals and identify and implement techniques for monitoring progress.
- Commit to continual professional growth, actively participate in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
- Minimum bachelor level qualification with specific endorsements relevant to Learning Support.
- Proven experience supporting students with learning differences within a school environment to assist with curriculum and assessment accessibility.
- Willingness to explore, identify and implement evidenced based curricular and best practices to enhance student curriculum and assessment accessibility.
- Master’s degree in Special Educational Needs, Learning Difficulties or comparable.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary student support teams
- Experience in RTI (Response to Intervention Multi-Tier model)
- Experience in PBIS (Positive Behavior Supports)
- Experience in the Explicit Instructional Model
Skills and Abilities:
· Possess effective communication skills and relates well with all students, teachers, and support staff.
· Good organizational and administration skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with others and also work effectively within a team.
· Ability to assess, record, plan, set goals, evaluate progress and produce reports and explicit teaching techniques relating to student needs.
· IT skills relevant to supporting students with additional educational needs
· Demonstrates a willingness to be committed to several tasks as required, and manage time well to ensure quality outcomes.
- Working hours 08.15 hrs – 16:45 hrs
- Holidays may not be taken during the school term time
- This is a temporary appointment for a year, with a view to a permanent contract if all the conditions are met. The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement (CAO) for Secondary education. The exact salary scale depends on the relevant background
and experience. (CAO VO)
- Please send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to email@example.com
- Deadline for Applications: 1 November 2018. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 1 November 2018.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Sherley St. Juste, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, before or on 1 November 2018.
- If you have not heard from us the closing date, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
- Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our website/job-vacancies.
Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.