Vacature Dutch Language Acquisition and Language & Literature in Den Haag
Over International School of The Hague Secondary
International School of The Hague Secondary
The International School of The Hague (ISH) - Seconday
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.
Dutch Language Acquisition and Language & Literature
Met ingang van
Teacher of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) Dutch Language Acquisition and Language & Literature- 0,5 FTE (Temporary replacement)
The International School of The Hague seeks a well-qualified Dutch teacher committed to delivering high quality secondary education for students from around the world. The ISH is a friendly and dynamic environment in which young people can discover their full
potential in a truly international context. We deliver the IB MYP and the IB DP programme in the Secondary School.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated teacher. As well as planning and teaching high quality lessons, you will also be developing curriculum and maintaining administration relevant to your role.
- Fully Qualified Teacher of Dutch with at least 2 years teaching experience (For Dutch applicants, a second degree teaching qualification is essential, but a first degree teaching qualification is preferable).
- An excellent team player both within the department and across the school, willing to work collaboratively and support ongoing development of the Dutch department and whole school.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to teaching and wider professional practice.
- Flexibility and the desire to be a part of a dynamic school community.
- Confident with use of new technologies and understanding of how to use technology as part of the learning process.
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Experience of the MYP and DP programmes.
Details of position:
- 0.5 FTE – Working days: Tuesday full day; Wednesday full day; Thursday morning.
- Duration of contract: April 1st 2017 to July 7th 2017.
- (There is a possibility to extend the contract into the next academic year dependent on performance, and available FTE).
Employment will be based on the Collective Labour agreement Secondary Education (CAO VO).
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.