Vacature Docent Nederlands (60% part time) in Wassenaar
Over Stichting The American School of The Hague
Stichting The American School of The Hague
Elementary School at American School of The Hague:
The Elementary School (Early Childhood Center and Upper Elementary) builds a solid foundation of learning skills and real world experiences. Our curriculum includes a strong literacy foundation, exploration of our world through social studies, hands-on experiential science, and problem solving math. The atmosphere is nurturing and supportive to meet the intellectual, social, physical and emotional needs of all of our students. Classes are taught with developmentally appropriate expectations in mind, along with an emphasis on social skills, designed for each age group.
Our new Early Childhood Center (ECC) offers a child-centered, developmentally appropriate, inquiry-based Preschool (PS), Transition Kindergarten (TK), Kindergarten (KG) and First Grade (G1) program. Children are taught in purpose-built classrooms that were thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of young children. Rich programs for library, art, music, computer, science and Dutch along with an indoor multi-purpose area designed for physical education and extra-curricular activities complement daily classroom instruction.
Our mission and vision at ASH:
Our Mission American School of The Hague nurtures and inspires character, commitment, creativity, and learning. American School of The Hague will lead its international learning community through excellent teachers and a range of academic and extra-curricular choices. In a safe and welcoming environment, our educationally and culturally diverse students and staff will strive for excellence and achieve their potential.
Docent Nederlands (60% part time)
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
Title: Elementary School Dutch Teacher (60% part time with daily classes in the Early Childhood Center)
Starting date: 01-08-2017
Reporting to: Elementary School Principal
Language: Fluency in both Dutch and English
- Certificated, experienced elementary teacher in an American or international school with at least three years of highly successful classroom teaching
- A good understanding of the grammar and syntax of both Dutch and English; also an understanding of some of the typical mistakes that English speakers make when learning to speak Dutch.
- Good knowledge of the history and culture of the Netherlands and knows how to make this information exciting and fun to learn as well as experience.
- A solid understanding and capable use of modern computer technology.
- A creative, flexible and positive nature. While there is a curriculum, there are not many Dutch textbooks available for the kind of classes you will be teaching. Much of the material you will use will need to be self-created and adapted to the group in
front of you at that moment.
- A good understanding of American culture and the differences between the American school system and other European systems, especially where related to grading, homework and overall expectations.
- The ability to be an active and energetic member of a team.
- Passion for excellence and a “can-do” attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a 21st Century educational program of effective and developmentally appropriate practices in the elementary classroom based upon current research and best practice
- Create and sustain a rich learning environment in the classroom; constructing an atmosphere in which students feel safe, engaged and are eager to learn.
- Delivering the curriculum through lively differentiated lessons.
- Develop meaningful learning experiences that help all students understand the subject matter based on their abilities, attitudes, effort, culture, and achievement in an inclusive classroom environment
- Using games and play as a regular vehicle of learning.
- Creating, assigning and correcting projects, presentations and other performance assessments, ideally using a rubric to make expectations clear and to assess.
- Integrate technology into planning, teaching, and record-keeping
- Demonstrate a global and multicultural perspective
- Regularly communicate with parents as well as provide and explain information regarding students’ social, academic, and behavioral progress
- Actively participate in school-wide, divisional, and grade level meetings
- Engage fully and cooperatively in a professional learning community
- If working with a teaching assistant: evaluate the teaching assistant on an annual basis according to the support staff evaluation protocol with assistance/coaching from the Principal
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal
The American School of The Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on
Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply with an updated CV and cover letter at our website: www.ash.nl/employment
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.