Vacature Teacher of economics in Haren - Groningen
Teacher of economics
Met ingang van
The International School Groningen is an IB World School and provides a comprehensive educational programme to approximately 200 students aged between 11 and 18.
Wat ga je doen?
Description of Position:
Teacher of Economics within the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP4 and 5) and Diploma Programme.
The position is initially a temporary appointment with the potential to become permanent, with a teaching contract of approximately 0,8 fte. (80%)
Hier ga je werken
The International School Groningen is an IB World School and provides a comprehensive educational programme to approximately 200 students aged between 11 and 18. The school offers high-quality education, meeting high expectations, through the International
Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme. The International School is a section of and shares the campus with a larger Dutch Secondary School, the Maartenscollege. The Maartenscollege is also an IB world school offering the MYP at all
Wat breng je mee?
The successful candidate:
*We are only able to consider qualified teachers with a European (or equivalent) teaching qualification for the subject, which is also recognised by the Dutch Government (a DUO recognition)
- is a highly dynamic and motivating teacher who can differentiate in a mixed-ability setting
- is an experienced and qualified* teacher who, as a team player, can help further develop the International Baccalaureate (IB) MYP and DP programmes at the school
- has an awareness of the needs of an intercultural environment
- is interested in taking an active role within the international school
- has an excellent level of spoken and written English language. (CEFR – C1)
A qualification applicable with a Dutch first degree (1e graads) is required for this vacancy.
Dit is wat wij bieden
Conditions of employment follow the collective Dutch bargaining agreement called “CAO VO”.
Salary: scale LC (€3.019 - €5.329 (max) gross/bruto per month)
We offer a supportive and dynamic team of teachers and a well-resourced working environment. We provide the opportunity to receive high-quality professional development and join a network of IB teachers working in over 2500 schools worldwide. This is, therefore,
an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a highly successful IB World School in the north of the Netherlands.
- excellent professional development support
- moving allowance of up to € 2500
- settling-in allowance of approximately € 5000
- 8,33% bonus in December
- 8% bonus in May
- excellent pension arrangement
- personal budget of 90 hours per year for extra leave or task reduction
- generous fee reduction to children of staff
- work-related travel reimbursement
- discount for medical insurance
- up to one full year of paid sick leave
- the part of the salary above a minimum threshold (up to 30% of total salary) remains tax-free for foreign hires during the first five years of employment in the Netherlands.
Zijn wij een match?
Are you interested in this position? Does working in an IB world school teaching the international Baccaluarteae programmes excite you?
Then please apply via the application button (sollicitatiebutton). Are you interested but still have a question? Then call or email Mr Mike Weston, Head, International School Groningen. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. telephone: +31 050 5340084
The deadline for applications is 01/04/23. However, we reserve the right to start the interview process before this date.
We like to recruit our new colleagues ourselves; we do not appreciate acquisition from external agencies.
Beschikbaar voor zij-instromers?
Schaal LB of LC, maximaal bruto maandsalaris is afhankelijk van de salarisschaal.
Over International School Groningen
Haren - Groningen
Regulier / Algemeen, Internationale school
The International School Groningen (ISG) provides a comprehensive educational programme to approximately 90 students aged between 11 and 18. The school offers the international baccalaureate middle years programme in the first five years followed by the diploma programme in the final two years. The ISG is a section of the larger dutch secondary school, Maartenscollege (www.maartenscollege.nl).
More information about International School Groningen: isgroningen.nl.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.