Vacature EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST in Utrecht
EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Met ingang van
Country: Sierra Leone
Application closing date: 30 October 2020
Start date: February 2021 (if the situation allows it)
Duration: 12-24 Months
The education specialist trains and supports teachers, education management and community members to respond to these challenges in order to unlock the talent of every child. The ideal candidate has excellent teacher trainer skills, experience with education
management, the ability to support teachers and learners in the use of technology and is passionate about improving children’s learning through digital education technology (DET).
- Plan and facilitate frequent fact-based Review and Capacity-Development Meetings with the district team of national volunteers.
- Undertake school visits alongside national volunteers demonstrating effective mentoring activities for primary teachers of English and Mathematics
- Support national volunteers to implement their own professional development activities for teachers.
- Lead the national volunteers in preparing and implementing high-quality training workshops for primary teachers of English and Mathematics and high-quality school visits.
- Participate in various meetings for headteachers and district and sub-district education officials and advise on teachers’ professional development, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Develop and communicate ‘success stories’ and produce regular and reflective individual and district volunteer team reports incorporating both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Lead and support SLFs planning their work including how to reach out to all schools to implement Building and Learning Foundation (BLF) activities without compromising the quality.
- Significantly contribute to the reporting system In place( weekly review meeting reports and DEM-DTA report monthly).
The ideal applicant will have
Besides these skills, you need to be openminded, respectful, resilient and adaptive to new situations. It is important that you can facilitate positive change, build sustainable working relationships and are willing to seek and share knowledge. For further
information about this job, download here the detailed job description.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the education sector
- Teaching and classroom management experience especially in the early grades (first and second year of primary school)
- Experience in using different and innovative approaches to improve learning outcomes
- Prior experience in using technology and community in education would also be a plus
- Experience in the use of data/research outcomes to make and implement initiatives that would enhance learning
- Ability to self-manage, set targets and self-monitor would also be ideal
- Teacher training, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation experience
The experience of a placement is a one-of-a-life-time experience and will benefit you in multiple ways. You will have the chance to learn to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. There is often the opportunity to develop your teamwork-,
leadership- and management skills. This can be helpful for career opportunities after your placement.
VSO will cover and support you in all preparations: training, visa, work permit, registration in-country, flights, vaccinations, anti-malarial treatment, PEP treatment, medical and security clearance. In-country VSO will provide induction and support in placement,
arrange secure accommodation (often shared with another VSO professional), full medical insurance (including repatriation cover), medical indemnity insurance, work-related travel costs, and a living allowance which will enable you to live a basic but healthy
lifestyle, but which is not sufficient to cover ongoing commitments at home.
Over Ontwikkelingsorganisatie VSO Nederland
Weg der Verenigde Naties 1,
VSO is een internationale ontwikkelingsorganisatie die door duurzame kennisuitwisseling werkt aan een rechtvaardiger wereld zonder armoede. Op aanvraag van lokale organisaties in Afrika en Azië zenden wij vakdeskundigen uit die hun kennis en ervaring daar delen. Lokale organisaties kunnen daardoor hun werk effectiever doen. VSO heeft per jaar 200 onderwijsvacatures dus bezoek de VSO website en kijk hoe een onderwijsfunctie in een ontwikkelingsland er voor jou uit kan zien.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.