Vacature Teacher of ICT in Den Haag
Over European School of The Hague Secondary
European School of The Hague Secondary
The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. The ESH is part of the European Schools Network, a group of international schools spread out across a number of European countries. The ESH was founded with the main intention of providing an education to the children of employees of the EU Government and its subsidiaries. Partially financed by the Dutch Government, most years of the school are taught with multiple language options.
The basis for our Primary school curriculum is the established curriculum of the European Schools. The curriculum encompasses the ESH mission and vision and seeks to develop pupils’ key competences and core values. Learning programmes are planned in a cross-curriculum manner, linking concepts and skills across subject areas. All pupils in the English, French, German and Spanish language sections also receive lessons in Dutch as an Additional Language. Al curriculum documents can be found on the official website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu. (Early Years cycle and Primary cycle). Within the European Schools system there is no official curriculum for Dutch as an additional language, however, we have developed a curriculum which is available on our website.
In the Secondary school we prepare our students for the European Baccalaureate. Secondary education in the European Schools lasts for a total of seven years divided into three cycles. A key element of the curriculum across all the cycles is the multilingual teaching and learning that provides students with the opportunity to become fluent in at least three languages. The syllabi in all the language sections of the European Schools, including those at the ESH, are – with the exception of mother tongue tuition – standardised. All programmes of study in the different sections lead to the same examination: the European Baccalaureate. Syllabi can be downloaded from the European Schools website www.eursc.eu under European Schools/ Studies and certificates.
Currently we provide education to more than 1250 pupils from the Early Years to the Secondary school. It is an education that can take them further to higher education anywhere in Europe or beyond.
ESH Primary is conveniently situated in between the city centre and the beach of Scheveningen. ESH Secondary is located 4,5 km from ESH Primary and 10 minutes by bike from Central Station.
Uw sollicitatie kunt u richten aan dhr. F. van de Kerkhof, directeur Europese School Den Haag.
Teacher of ICT
Met ingang van
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Starting the 1st
of August 2019, we have a job opening for a:
Teacher of ICT
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in the subject of ICT (or equivalent)
• Fully qualified teacher status for Secondary Education in the country the qualification is obtained, and in the subject of ICT (for UK/Ireland/Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed - or are exempted from - the statutory
• Fluent in English
• Experience in teaching the age group of 11-18
• Experience with meeting the individual needs of the students
• Experience in working with EAL students
• Experience in international or intercultural education
• Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
• Experience in teaching ICT to EB, IB or GCE A levels
• Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
• Willingness to learn Dutch
• Willingness to settle in or near the vicinity of The Hague
• Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
• An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement for secondary education (CAO VO) on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
• A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one. A permanent contract is subject to the successful completion of the probationary period and the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch Authorities.
• An attractive relocation package with HR assistance
• Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to send in a CV, supporting statement and a completed
job application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
(incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School. Indicate
S2019-09 in the subject of your e-mail. Deadline for applications:
26th of May, 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview, commencing week 23. The interview will either be in-person or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the
Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.