Vacature Personal Assistant to The Principal in Den Haag
Over International School of The Hague Primary
International School of The Hague Primary
The International School of The Hague (ISH)
The International School of The Hague (ISH) is a highly successful, popular, semi-public school for primary and secondary international education. The modern school campus is located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands. The primary school is an accredited IPC school. The secondary school is an IB World School accredited by the CIS.
The entire school currently has 1500 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
The Primary school was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). In March 2013 it became the first school in the world to be re-accredited at “mastering” level with a strong focus on learning throughout the school community. We now have more than 550 pupils on roll.
Working at ISH
As an employer, we offer excellent professional development opportunities and a pleasant working environment. As a successful applicant, you will be welcomed by a amicable, sociable and thoroughly international team. Applicants must be eligible to work within the European Union and suitably qualified. In addition, we can provide free education for up to two dependents for teachers hired from abroad*. Initial employment is for one year, followed by a permanent contract subject to satisfactory appraisal and completion of paperwork.
Personal Assistant to The Principal
Met ingang van
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
Personal Assistant to The Principal of the Primary School (1,0 FTE)
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semiprivate school located on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has over 2000 students and hosts over 101 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
The Primary School was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “Mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The Primary School was also the first international school in The Netherlands to receive
the Excellente School status from the Dutch Inspection of Education. We now have more than 640 pupils on roll.
At ISH we inspire personal excellence by encouraging our students to be curious, connected and compassionate. We use student-led inquiry to develop curiosity in authentic and challenging contexts. Students learn to apply their knowledge and skills to deepen
conceptual, disciplinary and interdisciplinary understanding by making effective connections with other people and their ideas. Our students learn how to become compassionate and proactive global citizens through collaborative projects both in, and beyond,
the classroom. Teachers at ISH achieve these high standards by recognising that, like their students, they are lifelong learners who must continually reflect upon their own professional practice, as well as striving to be excellent role models for the ISH
We currently have a vacancy for:
A personal assistant to the principal of the Primary School - Fulltime 1,0 FTE, start date 1 August 2019.
The contract will be a temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent contract.
- Organising and monitoring the agenda and calendar of the Primary Principal;
- Organising and preparing Leadership meetings including necessary documents and materials;
- Act as the first point of contact for external agencies and individuals wishing to contact the Primary Principal;
- Minuting meetings as and when requested by the Primary Principal;
- Maintaining contacts within the group of schools and with external agencies about general substantive aspects of pending issues;
- Drafting and circulating letters and other correspondence ensuring deadlines are met;
- Preparing, receiving and supervising visitors and delegations including hospitality arrangements.
- Monitor the Primary Principal’s in-tray including correspondence, then prioritise its urgency;
- When appropriate accompany the Primary Principal to meetings;
- Assist with the monitoring of HR matters regarding Primary staff;
- Supporting in the recruitment of teaching staff and support staff;
- Any communications with governmental organisations and Rijnlands; ensure that the surveys of Kwaliteitscholen are taken care of and data displayed, ensuring Foleta data is up to date, etc.
- Working on the administration for Blue Sky, a system for appraisal and personal development for staff
- Taking care of Verlofdagen, a system to track the hours of OOP staff
- Guard the progress of projects and inform the Primary Principal about it;
- Take on any other reasonable responsibilities as requested by the Primary Principal.
- Specialist subject knowledge of management support methods and procedures;
- Knowledge of internal administrative and procedural regulations;
- Proficiency in the drafting of minutes and letters;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Discrete and respectful of privacy and confidentiality;
- Understanding the role, organisation and procedures of an educational institution;
- Proficiency in balancing interests and priorities;
- Ability to speak and write in Dutch and English at a native level;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when changes occur;
- Good computer skills and a willingness to learn programmes that are specific to the school and the role;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to use initiative in making decisions and taking actions.
Working Hours: 1.0 FTE
- 40 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks)
- Working hours 08.00 hrs – 16.30 hrs
- Holidays may not be taken during the school term time
Salary scale 7; the step in this scale depends on the relevant experience (CAO PO)
Please send your Curriculum Vitae (including a recent photograph) and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 11 April 2019. Interviews will take place soon thereafter.
If you have not heard from us by 10 May please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information, you could visit our website:
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure is applicable and can be obtained via our Rijnlands website.
Please refrain from placing this advert on recruiting websites without our permission or using it for acquisition purposes.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.