Vacature High School IB Dutch (A) / French Teacher in Wassenaar
Over Stichting The American School of The Hague
Stichting The American School of The Hague
High School at American School of The Hague:
The High School at American School of The Hague offers a full academic program in all areas of study. Students earn an American ASH Diploma upon graduation, with more than half of our students pursuing the International Baccalaureate Diploma, IB Certificates, or Advanced Placement courses, thus positioning themselves for admission to the world’s finest colleges and universities. Our range of curricular offerings provide a challenging, stimulating learning environment for students at all levels of academic and personal development, including those for whom English is an additional language.
The High School is equally committed to developing our students’ co-curricular talents and interests. Our full Varsity and Junior Varsity athletics program offers students the chance to travel and compete with their peers in international leagues. Our premiere program in the Visual and Performing Arts enriches both the students who are participating, and the wider school community. Model United Nations is our largest student club, and ASH students are leaders at its annual worldwide conference, of which the ASH is a founder. Students are equally committed to Student Senate, service learning, student publications, and student clubs, and much more.
Our students come from more than forty countries around the world and are truly ambassadors of international living. The High School faculty is composed of more than 60 experienced teachers, all certified educators with most having advanced degrees in their field. Our teachers are predominately English native speakers, with exceptions for those teaching Modern Languages such as French, Spanish, Dutch and German. Most have experience working in International or American school systems, and are most importantly, dedicated to keeping up with current best practices in the field of education.
Our mission and vision at ASH:
Our Mission American School of The Hague nurtures and inspires character, commitment, creativity, and learning. American School of The Hague will lead its international learning community through excellent teachers and a range of academic and extra-curricular choices. In a safe and welcoming environment, our educationally and culturally diverse students and staff will strive for excellence and achieve their potential.
High School IB Dutch (A) / French Teacher
Met ingang van
Tijdelijk met uitzicht op vast
The American School of The Hague is looking for a
High School IB Dutch (A) / French Teacher (fulltime), start August 2017
Reporting to: High School Principal
Grades: 9 – 12
Working hours: 8 hours per day (08:00-16:00)
Language: Native Dutch, fluent English
- Five High School teaching blocks (4 Dutch and one beginning French) and an Advisory class
- Teaching the assigned curriculum as presented on Atlas Rubicon (web-based curriculum mapping software) and updating the online curriculum periodically.
- Participation in departmental meetings and activities and adherence to departmental, divisional and school-wide procedures and expectations.
- Regular communication with parents, including regular written reports via the use of PowerSchool.
- Availability to students during some non-teaching periods for extra tutorial.
- Collaborative team planning and learning focused discussions
- Promotion of a student-centered learning environment supporting the success of each individual
- Lunch and break duty supervision
- Interest and experience with service learning, community engagement, and sustainability desirable.
- Participate in extracurricular activities (preferred).
- Contribute to a positive school climate and work environment.
- Perform other duties appropriate to the position as assigned by the Principal
Beschikbaar voor zij-instromers?
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Dutch language/literature (minimal BA, MA preferred)
- Experience of teaching IB Dutch A Language and Literature courses (preferred)
- Willingness and ability to teach various levels of Dutch to students from a large range of educational backgrounds, ages between 14-18 years old
- Ability to integrate technology into language instruction
- Awareness and willingness to participate in ongoing curriculum development activities
- Knowledge of U.S. curriculum and U.S. teaching methods (preferred)
- Ability to teach French to High School beginners (preferred)
ASH Salary structure - Onderwijs CAO not applicabl
What do we offer?
Based on your training and experience you will be placed in a salary scale which ranges from € 50,000 to a maximum of € 90,000 (PhD degree) per year. We also offer excellent benefits such as a pension plan, professional development opportunities and group health
More information and to apply for this position: To apply for this vacancy, please log in directly on the ASH website (www.ash.nl) and submit your CV in English only.
The American School of The Hague is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on
Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze advertentie wordt niet op prijs gesteld.